When golden fall leaves start to pop against bright blue skies, we know fall has arrived in Colorado. And when we think of fall at The Original Pancake House, we think of apples! Apples signify the beginning of harvest season and bring a delightful range of flavors to any fall meal. Our favorite fall breakfast in Denver is our Apple Pancake with oven baked fresh Granny Smith apples and pure Sinkiang cinnamon glaze. Read on to learn how to bring the flavors of fall to your breakfast table with this recipe for Apple Pancakes.
2 eggs, well beaten
1 ½ cups of milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup sugar
3 medium apples, peeled and coarsely grated
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Vegetable oil, for frying
Confectioner’s sugar, for dusting
- Mix the eggs with the milk in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar together.
- Combine the wet and the dry ingredients and stir in the apples and whatever other flavorings you see fit.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a skillet over low to medium heat. Drop large spoonful of batter into the pan and cook until golden brown underneath. Flip the pancakes and cook them for an additional two or three minutes.
- Either dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately, or keep on a tray in a warmed oven until you are ready to serve them.
From our kitchen to yours, we hope you enjoy this season of sweater weather! Bon Appetit!