They’re back! With the month of May comes signs of summer and perhaps our favorite part of the season – fresh berries! Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and of course strawberries all top some of our favorite breakfast dishes including our popular Seasonal Berry Crepes, Strawberry Belgian Waffles, Blueberry Belgian Waffles, Seasonal Berry French Toast, and our Blueberry Pancakes. Next time you are heading out for breakfast in Denver, be sure to try one of these berry delicious breakfast dishes!
Did you know that berries are good for your brain? Here are some amazing facts which show that eating berries (on your pancakes and waffles!) can make you smarter! Here are some berry brainy facts:
- Berries are loaded with antioxidant-rich plant compounds called flavonoids that provide potent health protection.
- Berries Reduce inflammation in the brain thereby slowing brain damage and brain aging.
- Berries enhance brain cell survival meaning your brain cells will live longer!
- Berries increase neuroplasticity – your brain’s ability to lay down totally new pathways that are important for learning and memory.
- Research from the USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging in Boston reports that berries also take care of your brain by activating a natural housekeeping mechanism. When activated, toxic proteins linked to age-related memory loss and mental decline, including Alzheimer’s disease, are cleaned up and recycled. Eating berries is like hiring a housekeeper for your brain.
So, what do you get when you eat more berries with your breakfast? Eating more berries helps your brain age better, think better, learn better and remember more. Seems like a no-brainer! Join us for a berry delicious breakfast soon for brain health!